Coronavirus Notice for Helicon Arts Courses in Galicia, August 2020

Updated: 26.4.20

We know some of our clients will be concerned with the ongoing COVID-19 virus outbreak. We are currently taking our lead from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) who are currently advising against all travel to Spain. At the present time, we do not know what affect this will have on the courses in August. 

We have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus since its outbreak. The situation is constantly changing, and new medical and travel advice is being issued on a daily basis. At the present time, we intend for our courses in Galicia to go ahead as planned. We very much hope that by August the situation will have improved sufficiently that any restrictions on travel will be lifted.

Our first priority will always be the safety and security of our clients. We have been in close contact with our suppliers in Spain, and if circumstances are unchanged by the summer, we will, in the first instance, try to re-arrange the courses as most of the arrangements are already in place. However, we understand that it may not be possible to arrange new dates suitable for everyone. We aim to make a decision about whether the courses can go ahead before any balance payments are due, and if the situation is still uncertain by late-May/early June, we will consider delaying these payments until there is more clarity. We will keep all our clients informed of developments.

As advised, travel insurance should be in place at the time of booking, in case of flight and trip disruption, to ensure that you are eligible for reimbursement due to the fact the FCO is currently advising against travel to the country you are going to. Many people will already have this cover through their bank or financial institution. Please refer to our booking terms and conditions for details of required cover.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.